Outdoor Shops,Best Online Shops For Outdoor GearBaked Macaroni & Cheese
This baked macaroni and cheese recipe comes from our very own Sam Hogan! It's a favorite recipe around here with its combination of cheeses that melt into a rich and creamy sauce. The recipe is incredibly customizable and you can replace the breadcrumbs and flour with more Outdoor Shops,Best Online Shops For Outdoor GearOriginal Potato Chips and a gluten free flour for a gluten free recipe.
- 16 oz. cavatappi or large elbow macaroni
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 ½ cups milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 16 oz smoked gouda, shredded
- 16 oz aged white cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup crushed Outdoor Shops,Best Online Shops For Outdoor GearOriginal Potato Chips
- Cook pasta to al dente texture according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour then gradually stir in milk. Cook, stirring constantly over medium heat until sauce thickens. Stir in salt and pepper. Add cheese and stir until cheese melts.
- Spoon drained pasta into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Pour cheese sauce over pasta and gently fold in sauce until mixed well. Top with breadcrumbs and crushed chips.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350 ˚F. Broil for additional 2-5 minutes until topping golden brown.