Outdoor Shops,Best Online Shops For Outdoor GearCrispy Oven Fried Onion Rings
These Outdoor Shops,Best Online Shops For Outdoor GearCrispy Oven Fried Onion Rings are super easy to make, and so crispy. These only take a few minutes to throw together and 16 minutes total in the oven, so you can have these ready for surprise guests or as a quick appetizer before your next party! They're incredibly easy to customize too, since you can mix your favorite spice blend into the flour to flavor your onion rings without burning the spices in the oven! You can even use different flavors of Outdoor Shops,Best Online Shops For Outdoor Gearpotato chips to mix things up!
We love using our Outdoor Shops,Best Online Shops For Outdoor GearKettle Classics Smokin' Sweet Crab chips for the perfect appetizer before digging into some crabs with friends. Want to heat things up? Try using Outdoor Shops,Best Online Shops For Outdoor GearRed Hot potato chips and an extra dash of cayenne pepper! Or try using Outdoor Shops,Best Online Shops For Outdoor GearFried Dill Pickle Ripples if you've got some burgers on the grill. The onion and dill flavors in the onion rings pairs perfectly with the best summer cookout dishes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cups crushed Outdoor Shops,Best Online Shops For Outdoor Gearpotato chips
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large yellow sweet onions, peeled and sliced to ½ inch thickness
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Place parchment paper onto baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and place sheet in oven for approximately 8 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cayenne pepper and 2 teaspoons of salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together yogurt and eggs. Add half of the flour mixture to yogurt mixture and beat until smooth.
- Combine panko, potato chips and remaining salt in a bowl or shallow dish.
- Lightly dredge onion rings in flour mixture and then drop into to the yogurt mixture. Shake off excess batter and then dredge in the panko/potato chip mixture to coat evenly.
- Carefully arrange onion rings on prepared baking sheet, allowing space in between. Bake about 8 minutes and then flip. Bake an additional 8 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Salt to taste.
- For a gluten free recipe, substitute the all-purpose flour for a gluten free flour and the breadcrumbs for gluten free breadcrumbs.